Friday, October 05, 2007

Monkey Around!

Yup...a monkey cake for a little monkey boy! I created this fall monkey cake by request of Will's mom. This was a new request to. It seems Will is allergic to nuts. So, not being familiar with allergens, I inquired to Will's mom and did a little research on the web. Very interesting stuff! Thank you guys for opening my eyes to this. I will definitely remember and try to offer "nut less" sweets in my Cakery. If you are not familiar with nut allergies or other food related allergies you can find out more at:

www.kidswithfoodallergies.org OR www.foodallergy.org

Okay, so, to make Will's special birthday cake I started with this invitation:


Invitation created by: Christel Benson You many contact her at: christel8500@yahoo.com

Then I made a stencil from the invitation that Christel created and put it on the cake!


Then I made matching Orange SweetCakes.


I hope all you little monkey's had fun at Will's Birthday Party!

No comments: