Monday, July 23, 2007

The Tropics in P-burg

Melissa Sullins....OH, wait, Melissa Dauphin (you are married now!) and her mother Debbie met with me just last week to create a tropical, yet elegant Wedding cake idea. Melissa came to me with a picture of a cake she liked with the scroll work. I showed her a picture of a cake that I liked with the orangy yellowy (are those words?) frosting and we put the two together! This bright tropical dream of a cake matched the decorations at Parrot Bey perfectly! It was highlighted by orange and pink lighting splashed on the walls, colorful orange, green and pink candles, and bright, beautiful Gerber Daisies.
Thank you so much for the opportunity to combine elegance with a little contemporary fun! I love the way this cake turned out.

This photograph was taken by FXSTUDIOS a photography studio here in town. You may find them at: www.fxstudiosonline.com for all your special occasion photography needs.

Melissa also asked me to make these chocolate SweetCakes with chocolate frosting and chocolate covered strawberries! They were sooo gooooey and moist. I hope they tasted as good as they looked! (It was really hard not to eat one when I was setting them up.)



No comments: